WHY I STARTED DRINKING KOMBUCHA
My Aunt introduced me to this delicious drink a few years ago. I was skeptical at first because kombucha is known as the “mushroom drink.” GROSS! But, after hearing its long list of benefits I thought why not?! I was willing to try anything if it meant helping with my digestive issues. Plus, what do I have to lose?!
Before I knew it I was hooked!…
I typically drink Kombucha at least 3-4 times a week, about 1/3 – 1/2 a bottle at a time.
I prefer to buy GT’s Kombucha because they offer several different delicious flavors + they brew raw organic kombucha. I buy my kombucha from local Hy-Vee stores because they have the best selection! You can also purchase it online!
Why do I purchase my kombucha rather than make it myself? Simple! I enjoy the flavors that the GT’s brand offers + because I don’t consume a lot in one sitting, I can make one bottle last at least 2 days. However, I do plan on eventually making my own kombucha, because a friend of mine has a fantastic/easy recipe!
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA
Kombucha is a fermented drink. It is made up of black tea + sugars (sugar cane, honey, + fruit) that develop into a functional food.
How does it ferment? There is a community of bacteria + yeast that start the fermenting process once they combine with the sugars (SCOBY=symbiotic colony of bacteria + yeast). It is NOT A MUSHROOM! Once fermented, the kombucha will become carbonated + contains vinegar, Vitamin B, enzymes, probiotics + a ton of acid.
In a nut shell… The sugar-tea mixture is fermented by bacteria + yeast. AND the good bacteria mixes together to produce health benefits!
THE ENDLESS BENEFITS OF KOMBUCHA
- Immune Support
- The Vitamin C + DSL (a powerful antioxidant (D-saccharic acid-1, 4-lactone)) in kombucha can protect against cell damage, inflammatory disease, tumors and depression of the immune system
- Has the ability to control free radicals through antioxidants
- Clinically proven to decrease oxidative stress + related immuno-suppression
- It filled with probiotics, enzymes, + beneficial acids
- The antioxidants counteract free radicals that harm the digestive system
- Creates balance in the digestive system
- It can counteract liver cell toxicity with its antioxidants! – Can be beneficial against liver diseases. How cool is that?!
- Iron is released from the black tea, which then provides extra energy for the body
- Contains some caffeine (because of the black tea)
- Cancer Prevention
- Consuming glucaric acid, that is found in kombucha, reduces the risk of cancer
- Aids in cancer recovery
- Weight Loss
- Improves metabolism
- Joint Health
- Helps to heal, repair, + prevent joint damage (supports joint collagen)
- Supports collagen throughout the body + reduces wrinkles
#Kombucha #ImmuneSupport #Healthygut #GTsKombucha