I’m Back! It has been way WAY TOO LONG! Sorry for the post delay! I devoted the Holiday season (plus the beginning of the New Year) to spending more time with my family + friends, which meant I took a bit of a break from social media + my blog. But, now I’M BACK + thrilled for the NEW YEAR! I feel completely blessed to have the opportunity to share my perspective on life + all that it offers with all of you!
So let’s get to it!
I wanted to start this year out with a few thoughts on “Being a Better You.”
This idea began a few weeks ago when I began hearing people say, “New year, New Me,” or “This year I’m going to actually stick with my diet,” etc… Little do these people know, they are absolutely PERFECT just the way they are.
So, why change yourself? Why not be a BETTER You? We all have our flaws, (don’t I know it) but why not embrace these flaws and critique a few things in your lifestyle to IMPROVE yourself? NOT change yourself.
HOW TO BE THE BEST YOU
- Recognize your flaws (both good + bad).
- Embrace + appreciate your flaws because let’s be real, those beautiful flaws make you who you are.
- Contemplate what it is you want to IMPROVE (NOT change) about yourself or your lifestyle today and every day.
- Set goals for yourself that will ultimately improve YOU. Make sure they are attainable. (Don’t set yourself up for failure.)
- Find your support system. Who is it that will encourage you to be the BEST possible YOU? Who is it that will hold you accountable?
A bit of encouragement along your journey to finding true happiness with yourself:
- Know that you are your toughest critic. Only YOU have the power to BE THE BEST YOU.
- Do something that inspires you. (Because why else would you do it, am I right?!)
- Make lists.
- Crossing/checking things off lists can both motivate + make you feel accomplished with your achievements.
- Laugh often!
- Laughter is the perfect drug for releasing your body’s “feel good” chemicals. Plus, who doesn’t love a good laugh?!
- Set a reward for yourself!
- Whether it’s a new purse + vacation, or simply a day of relaxation at the SPA, make sure you are rewarding yourself.
- Give yourself a break when needed (cuz we all know that it is definitely needed).
- Taking time for yourself, whether it’s reading a book or going to YOGA, you need a break from everyone else to relax.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- This is easier said than done, but know that you do have a choice in who you surround yourself with.
HOW I PLAN TO BE THE BEST ME
~ Each and every day, not just this year. ~
1. Recognizing my flaws was a bit more challenging than I anticipated it being. When I think of flaws, I don’t necessarily try to dwell on the external, rather than the internal.
- For example: I have a serious case of OCD. I want to improve my time with the limited time I have with my family so, instead of constantly cleaning or doing laundry I have started to ignore the urges to clean so I can enjoy every moment I get with them. Trust me, it was challenging at first, but the laundry can wait!
2. There was a day, kind of like an “aha moment,” when reality set in and I realized that I need to embrace my flaws and improve their presence. Because let’s be real, they won’t just vanish into thin air.
3. When I started thinking + envisioning what exactly I wanted to improve about myself my thoughts were EXTREMELY RANDOM and had no rhyme or reason. Know that this is totally fine. It is okay to have a list that is way off the wall!
4. My Goals:
- Cherish life’s little moments
- Laugh often
- Don’t take life too seriously
- Capture more of life’s randomness
- Say HELLO to all those I meet
- Make an impact on someone’s life
- Fully embrace the benefits of my garden
- Begin canning
- Plant a tree
- I plan to surround myself with as many natural and organic products as possible
- Try new makeup brands! (Those of you who know me know that I don’t wear a ton of makeup, but I would like to find a few basics that I love!)
- Travel every chance I get!
- Try as many new recipes as possible
5. My support system is my hubby, he knows me better than I know myself at times. (It is kind of scary!)
Ultimately you need to do what makes you happy. Know that you can do anything you set your mind to. Everyone’s goals, wants, needs, etc. are all unique, so embrace YOU.
I hope you find the above guidelines to be helpful with both being a better YOU + to also benefit the people you surround yourself with.
How do you plan to better yourself? I would love to hear all about it!
If you need a bit of encouragement simply shoot me an e-mail, I would love to chat!
Photo Credit: Ivory + Bliss